The John Atanasoff Union of
Automation and Informatics (UAI) is a nongovernmental, non-profit society of
the specialists in the field of automation and informatics in
UAI has strengthened his position as the biggest scientific and technical organization in the country till now. The most prominent Bulgarian scientists and
specialists in the area of Automation and Informatics are members of UAI. A lot of scientific and educational organizations and departments, private and
state companies all over the country are also members of
UAI's objectives are:
1. To join the efforts of its members to take an active part in decision making and activities related to the progress in economics, scientific studies and their applications in the country, in the name of the national prosperity and the universal human values.
2. To represent and defend the creative professional interests and the public prestige of its members before state, social and business institutions in the country and abroad.
3. To create conditions for its members to increase constantly their knowledge, qualification and professional skills.
4. To represent the community of the specialists of automation and informatics in similar international and foreign organizations and to assist in making and developing active contacts in the international scientific life.
Membership in UAI
Membership in UAI means supporting of stable professional and business contacts, assistance in seeking professional realization in our country and abroad, mutual information and support, aid of dealing with the problems and guide-lines for progress of Automatics and Informatics.
1. All Bulgarian and foreign physical and juridical persons, working in the area of Automatics and Informatics and accepting the statute of UAI, has right to be UAI members.
2. The membership in UAI is not an obstacle for membership in other creative-professional organizations.
3. The members of UAI have the following rights:
Ø Reduced fees for participation in scientific activities, organized by UAI, and for publishing in journal “Information Technologies and Control”;
Ø To apply for specialization-abroad grants provided by fund “G. Genev” of FNTS.
Ø Using free of charge information materials, Bulgarian and foreign literature, scientific video films.
Ø Owing to the membership of FNTS in FEANI, the UAI members can receive diploma “European Engineer”.
4. The members of UAI – physical or juridical persons, are accepted at their request (application) by the structural sections or the leading bodies of UAI. The membership in UAI is identified by a membership card (for the physical persons) or by a letter-certificatory (for the juridical persons).
The members of UAI can be members of unlimited number
of structural sections of the
The annual membership fee for 2017 year for the members-physical persons is:
Ø Category A – 20 lv. (with getting the journals „Automatics and Informatics” and „Information Technologies and Control”)
Ø Category Á – 15 lv. (with getting one of the journals at choice)
Ø Category Â – 10 lv.
Ø For students, pensioners and unemployed the membership fee is with 50% reduction.
Ø For juridical persons the membership fees are negotiable, but not less than 100 lv.
Organizational structure of UAI is based on the principles of voluntariness, democracy and common interests, by initiative of the members of UAI.
1. The UAI members can be united voluntary in associations, clubs, sections, and regional and national organizations based on territorial, production or scientific interest.
2. Structural units of UAI carry out their activities independently in accordance with the Statute and the decisions of the leading bodies of UAI.
National creative-professional organizations being members of UAI are:
* Academic Community of Computer Systems and Information Technologies (ACCSI). One of the most interesting
and useful initiatives of this Community is the creating of
* Bulgarian Chapter of IFAC (International Federation of Automatic Control), which presents Bulgaria in IFAC and coordinates conducting of joined or patronized by IFAC activities.
* IEEE Joint Chapter of Bulgaria – IM/CS/SMC
* v (HDL) Society
The work of the
Awards and encouragements
The members of UAI as well as other juridical and physical persons and foreign citizens, can be awarded with the title “Honored” member of UAI for long and active work and special merits in the name of the automation and informatics in the country and all over the world.
1. Organizing scientific conferences, symposia, workshops, discussions, etc;
The UAI will carry out the following activities during 2017 year:
- International Conference „CompSysTech” – 23 - 24 June 2017,
Days devoted to John Atanasoff,
together with the International Conference „Automatics and Informatics” – 4 - 6.10.2017,
- International symposium „Control of Energy, Industrial and Ecological Systems May 2017
2. Spreading scientific and technical information, and publishing literature, reference books and other information materials:
- Journal “Automatica and Informatics” (it has been issued since 1967) deals with the problems of the applications of scientific and technical achievements into practice, business, and scientific and technical policy of the country in the whole area of automatics and informatics. Announcements of new production, technical systems, control instrumentation and business information are published as well.
- Journal “Information Technologies and Control” (it has been issued since 2003 in English) publishes original scientific and applied surveys, analyses and papers by Bulgarian and foreign authors.
3. Business-information services, presentations and seminars of companies and activities, professional contacts, advertisements, etc.;
4. Training and re-qualification;
One of the new and most notable activities is applying the European standard for computer skills (ECDL).
ECDL is recommended
by the European Commission as a basic certificate in computer skills of inhabitants
of European Union countries. As a member of CEPIS and of a consortium ECDL –
5. Club UAI – monthly meetings in
6. International collaboration
John Atanasoff Union of
Automation and Informatics, 1000 Sofia,